Forum Discussion

JtCt
New Contributor
4 years ago

Email Syncing Issues

My Cox email no longer syncs (emails deleted on one device are deleted on all other devices).  I’ve deleted and re-added email accounts.  Problem remains.  Also, my iPhone’s incoming email server is pop.cox.net.  My Ipad(s) incoming email sever is imap.cox.net.  I’ve manually changed my iPhone’s incoming email server to imap to match the ipads but it reverts back to pop.  What needs to be changed.  Running the latest IOS on all devices..

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hi, your device with the POP server is deleting emails after reading them. So when the inbox is viewed on the device with the IMAP server it is reflecting the server with the deleted emails missing. If you change your POP server, make sure that you have the correct port numbers in place. I have included a link that might help. I have also included a link with some information about both servers. Just remember that you can also change the setting in your POP server to save a copy of the email as well.
    www.cox.com/.../email-server-settings.html
    www.cox.com/.../cox-email-server-settings.html -Crystal
    bearone2
    Contributor III

i phones i've dealt with setup cox as an imap account. delete iphone account, then re-create instead of trying to change pop3 to imap.