Forum Discussion

Busy_signal
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Can't download Voice Everywhere on my new iPad (6th Generation)

I bought a new iPad about 6 months ago-- the latest model (6th Generation). The Cox app works on it, but when Cox moved the voice tools over to Voice Everywhere, it asked me to install the Voice Everywhere app. When I try to do this, I get the message "This app requires specific features not available on this device." Since my iPad is brand new and I do regular updates on both it and my apps (including the Cox app), I'm very disappointed not to have a feature I once had. I've already had an online chat with Cox, and the link sent to me by the technician did not work. I hope this can be escalated to the app developers. I can send you my email address privately if needed.

4 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Busy signal

The app functionality is specific to mobile phone devices. The app is not accessible via a tablet or a personal computer. That information is available on cox.com https://bit.ly/2U9pb6Z.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

Busy_signal
      New Contributor III

This means that Cox has taken away a handy service which used to work with my iPad until a few months ago.  I'd appreciate your referring this to the developers of the app. I'm sure other people like to check Voice Everywhere with their iPads as well as their phones. Ideally, the whole thing could be available on the Cox app without having to use a second app as well. 

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        We understand your frustration with this situation and have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate team I do apologize.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator