Forum Discussion

46fuhrer
New Contributor
5 years ago

NOMOROBO **

I would like ask why COX offers a service like NOMORBO which is impossible to set up (I have tried unsuccessfully for a whole week following instructions perfectly) No one at COX technical service has a clue how to fix and NOMOROBO helpdesk never responses to any of my message requests for help.  The failure of NOMOROBO only reflects negatively on COX TECH Support. If you cannot fix it do not offer it.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi 46fuhrer, Cox doesn't offer Nomorobo. Nomorobo is a third-party service designed to block robocalls. Nomorobo for landlines uses a phone feature called Simultaneous Ring. When Simultaneous Ring is enabled, your phone will ring on more than one number at the same time. The first device to pick it up gets the call and the other phones stop ringing. When a Nomorobo number is enabled in your Cox Voice Tools Simultaneous Ring settings, Nomorobo intercepts the call. Cox offers and supports Simultaneous Ring within Cox Voice. Have you tested Simultaneous Ring with a phone number other than the Nomorobo number to ensure the feature is working correctly? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      46fuhrer
      New Contributor

Simultaneous ring works within Cox Voice with another cellphone Cox Nomorobo call number is correct. Now what?

Becky
        Hi 46fuhrer, thanks for verifying that Simultaneous Ring is functioning correctly. I'm hoping you'll hear back from Nomorobo Support soon. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    mmmark
    New Contributor

Getting Nomorobo set up may not be the end of your problems. I've had it for many months, and it's a nightmare to receive calls. 1. there can be a delayed connection that lasts for up to 10 seconds or longer before the caller can hear your voice. 2. sometimes the caller will never hear you 3. sometimes your caller will only hear severely broken words from your end (you can't even get a 'call back' communicated. 4. sometimes if a person tries to call back, the call won't come through, and blocks the caller for hours.

We get about a dozen fraud, spoofed number telemarketing or political calls every day. However, I needed to turn the service off because it became a tremendous hassle.

46fuhrer
      New Contributor

mmmark

Thank you for your comments.  It is obvious that NOMOROBO has good intensions but is an inferior piece of software that is a BETA product as best.. I will no longer attempt to use it and wait for a better product in the future. Since it is a free product with COX a guess I should not expect my expectations to be too high..