Forum Discussion

Jjoek
New Contributor
6 years ago

Simultaneous ring is missing from my options. I am in North Glendale, Az. When will it be available?

Simultaneous ring is missing from my options. I am in North Glendale, Az. When will it be available?

7 Replies

• Hi Jjoek, our current telephony platform does not support simultaneous ring. However, we are currently in the process of upgrading all Cox Digital Telephone customers to the new Cox Voice platform. Among other new features, Cox Voice supports Simultaneous Ring so you can sign up for Nomorobo to block robocalls. I've added your account to the priority list so you'll be migrated to the Cox Voice platform within three weeks. You will receive an email and a letter via the United States Postal Service (USPS) after the migration is complete. Migration occurs overnight. The telephone modem must be connected, working, and not in use during this period. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Duran_Duran
      New Contributor III

I assume you need caller ID for this to work? I only have the basic phone account with no bells or whistles as I don't need them or want to pay more than I already do. I basically use it if I would need 911.

Becky
        Hi Duran Duran, Nomorobo only requires the phone feature called "Simultaneous Ring." -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • Don't get your hopes up.  It seems like NOMOROBO's heyday has passed.  I enrolled and while it has successfully blocked a couple calls, dozens of others- mostly using spoofed numbers, have been ringing my phone.  Also, it seems the criminals have figured out a strategy to get around simultaneous ring by placing two nearly simultaneous calls to your number- the first one occupies the number that handles the robocalls which enables the second to ring your phone.

Lily2
    Contributor

I have simultaneous ring and have had since September.  Everything is installed correctly.  It still doesn’t work.  I have given up calling Cox.  

Becky
      Hi Lily2, it may be worth a try to allow us to reset your digital telephone modem. This will wipe out all your Phone Tools settings as well as voicemail, but it would allow you to set up Simultaneous Ring using a clean slate. Let me know if you'd like me to reset your device remotely. It will interrupt phone service only for a few minutes while the modem resets. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator