Forum Discussion

coldwolf
New Contributor
2 years ago

Keep losing internet connection,

seems like intermittently, lose internet connection. When contact customer service, they see my modem, yet when use phone app. it can not connect. the only way to correct the problem is to turn off the modem for several hours from power. when turn back on, it works for a few hours but with reduced capabilities. Return the modem and replace with same model from Cox, works for a few days, then capult - goes out again. This problem is not of my own doing or from my equipment, yet Cox wants me to pay to fix it. Question is; can I cancel service while I am under contract with Cox due to Cox not meeting obligations to provide paid for services. Have replaced modem at least five times now.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Coldwolf

I apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing with your internet and I want to help. If you can email your full name and the street address on your Cox account to cox.help@cox.com, I’ll be happy to investigate.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
  • Where are you located, generally?  We have been having exactly the same problem for several days - in the SoCal area.

HDAZ
    New Contributor

Wow, I am having the same issues.  Send tech out.  Always blames my modem.  My modem is a Motorola MB8600 that I bought 6 months ago when they blamed my other modem.  Checked my modem logs after the tech left.  I see this over and over.  Seems to be a connection issue  from the headend master facility.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Cox?  I'm tired of giving them money and them telling me it's my modem.  

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Dynamic Range Window violation

T4 Timeout - Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received
    DOCSIS event error message R04.0, Ranging Request
    Cable modem did not receive a station maintenance opportunity in which to transmit a Ranging Request (RNG-REQ) message within the T4 timeout period (30 to 35 seconds). The cable modem is resetting and restarting the registration process.

Typically, this indicates an occasional, temporary loss of service, but if problem persists, check for possible service outages or maintenance activity on this particular headend system.

headend is a general term that refers to the point at which all cable television programming is collected and formatted for placement on the cable system.

The headend master facility is typically a secure building (or PLC substation) housing several large satellite dishes for reception of cable/satellite TV networks, antennae, and/or fiber optics, as well as electronic equipment used to receive, process and re-transmit video and data over the local cable infrastructure.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @HDAZ

When was the last time you had a technician visit?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator