Forum Discussion

stinkfoot63
Contributor II
3 years ago

How do I dismiss notification center alerts (red number) on my account page?

Near the top of my account page- toward the right in a Bell icon there is a red circle with a white number of notifications that is persistent- I cannot seem to get rid of or dismiss them.

Not a big deal really but the red dot is attention getting- normally useful but if I cannot reset it to zero then subsequent alerts will likely be missed.

6 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

This is an issue that has ocurred to others.  Cox reported in February, 2021 that it appears to be a notification flag on the vendor Admin side of a user's Forum profile that sometimes gets "stuck" on a notification.  The vendor's resolution was simply to reset the flag to zero.

Contact cox.help@cox.com and ask them to have their vendor reset your Forum notification flag.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Alerts on your Cox Account page or the Forum?  I think the keyword is "bell" and the Cox Account page has the bell.

These are not notifications, alerts, warnings, ding-a-lings or anything useful.  These circles are just intrusive sales pitches.  On my page, I have 2 red circles:  1 to upgrade my Internet & 1 to purchase Cox Complete Care.  Cox designed these so you can't get rid of 'em.  If I click 1, there will still be 2 on my page.  It's just unscrupulous click bait.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Ah, I mis-read OP's post.  Yes, the red circle in the bell on the account page does seem to be a permanent fixture.  It's just background to me now.  I had forgotten it was even there.  But, if you ever get a red Forum notification circle again that you can't get rid of, contact Cox because they know how to clear it now.    

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You could subscribe to every top-tier service, rent everything Cox has to rent and purchase every PPV & On-demand movie and Cox will still red-circle you.  You won't get rid of 'em.