Forum Discussion

edwardsmarkf
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

jquery app not working for a cox-cable customer

hello -

this is totally strange, but for some reason, this jQuery dropdown window app is not working for one of my clients who is on cox-cable.

we have tried this on Edge, FF & Chrome, on two separate computers, all with the same results.

it behaves as if the LEFT-CLICK is somehow being prevented from working, almost as if Cox-Cable is disabling left-click on the div, although i am able to right-click and inspect the element -  and NO ERRORS in the console.

i have asked her to try the IPad and see if the problem is also there.

is this even possible?   or could the issue possibly be in the cable-modem-router itself?

thank you.

• the app is working on a ChromeBook...  i am starting to question some of what the customer told me.   either way, as far as i am concerned, the issue is resolved.  😁

4 Replies

edwardsmarkf
    New Contributor II

the app is working on a ChromeBook...  i am starting to question some of what the customer told me.   either way, as far as i am concerned, the issue is resolved.  😁

edwardsmarkf
    New Contributor II

OK now the original computer is working fine.....  i am recommending the client replace the HP laptop with an Acer...😁

• Hello, do not believe we would have anything in place that would affect any app's performance. If one of the computers is a laptop, can it be moved and connected to a non-Cox connection to see if the concern remains?
      edwardsmarkf
      New Contributor II

DannyS -  thank you very much for your reply.

i did a screen-share with the client, and logged into my own BrowserStack account on her 'puter and everything worked fine there.   next thing i am going to try is a VPN service.

Weird, an iPad worked fine, but not the micro$$oft 'puters.