Forum Discussion

a__hall
New Contributor
5 years ago

email

any email I send is rejected. I sent one to myself and it was rejected.

5 Replies

chomar2
    New Contributor

This is occurring for me also. All email sends are rejected with a 550 Error.

Steve3141
    New Contributor

Me too.  Sending from an iPhone and it is rejected.  I send from Thunderbird or from the Cox web site and no problem

bearone2
    Contributor III

sent from webmail or 3rd party? if 3rd party, smtp server address wrong.

• Hi All, check the outgoing server settings on your device. Make sure your outgoing server name is smtp.cox.net. The preferred encryption option is TLS. For non-iOS devices, use port 587 with TLS enabled or port 465 with SSL enabled and the authentication box checked. Apple activates TLS when SSL is enabled if the TLS port number is valid. For iOS devices where the only encryption option is SSL, the correct outgoing server settings are smtp.cox.net, SSL, password authentication, and port 587. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Steve3141
      New Contributor

Well it appears to have worked.  What's odd is that the settings I originally had were identical to what you listed.  All I did was to turn off the outgoing server and turn it back on.  I did that yesterday too but it didn;t work.  I assume there was some kind of bug in the network that cleared up overnight.  Thanks.