Forum Discussion

CamCam
New Contributor
5 years ago

Irvine Slow Internet

Hi All, 

I've moved in to a new apartment in the Irvine area beginning of August near the IrvineSpectrum.I purchased the 150mbps plan through Cox and up until now I've never had an issue. As of about a week ago I've started to experience extreme lag spikes and a decrease in internet speeds especially while gaming. I've ran multiple ookla speed tests and am consistently receiving 35-40mbps. Tech support has been of no help. I am constantly receiving the "I'm sending a signal to your router" or "Please reset your router" response. 

This is extremely frustrating as internet speeds should not be fluctuating like this on a consistent basis. I've swapped out the router, reset it multiple times, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. So far I'm not impressed with the customer service and am already of thinking about cancelling the internet plan due to poor service. 

3 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @CamCam

Are you having this issue over a wired or wireless connection? If wireless please hardwire a pc/laptop directly to the modem and run a speed test. Also what type of device are you gaming with?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      CamCam
      New Contributor

This issue is over a wired connection. I've ran a speed test while wired in through my Playstation 4, and i am consistently receiving the same speeds. 

MariaL

Hi CamCam,

We’d like to investigate this issue and address your concerns. We will need some additional information in order to do so. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address.

Maria
        Cox Support Forum Moderator