Forum Discussion

coxcommy
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Cox IPv6 San Diego

Does Cox have IPv6  rolled out in San Diego? Running https://test-ipv6.com/ on Firefox and Chrome shows No IPv6 address detected. Changed Firefox "network.dns.disableIPv6". value to "True" and can't find a way to set Chrome for IPv6 It does say your browser has a real working IPv6 address.

The question i have has Cox rolled out IPv6, and if so, how can I get Firefox and Chrome to use IPv6.

Running Cox preferred150Mbps/ 10Mbps, ARRIS / Surfboard TM3402 DOCSIS 3.1 32x8, Asus RT-AC86U.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, the short answer is yes. Our network is dual-stacked. In other words, our network is configured with an IPv4 and an IPv6 address. This enables Cox to process either IPv4 or IPv6 traffic at the same time. Here is an article which provides additional insight about how Cox handles IPv6:

www.cox.com/.../ip-version-6.html

If you are using a separate wireless router, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly to see if settings can be changed to allow for IPv6 capabilities. To locate your IP address, one can also type in "My IP Address" into Google and Google will provide this information for you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator