Forum Discussion

technoman
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Email from sender bounced

I've been trying to send an email from myself on another domain to one on my Cox account, but I keep getting a delivery failure message in my Cox inbox. It says: <my-email-on-the-other-site> "sender rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at" ... an address that goes to: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html "for more information. AUP#CXSNDR
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable"

When you go to that site, it says that "CXSNDR" means "there was a problem with the sender's domain". How can this be? I have sent and forwarded email from that account to my Cox one for several years successfully. I have no problems sending mail from it to a non-Cox address. 

I already had a chat with Cox Tech Support who suggested that I forward that email that I was having a problem with to ThisIsNotSpam@cox.net. I just don't see how that could help. Anyone have any ideas of how I can get this working again? Thanks.

2 Replies

yak
    Contributor III

A friend notified me that emails were bouncing.  Her free Yahoo email is working better than my paid Cox service.

• Hi Technoman. Please contact the administrator of that domain and advise them that Your email failed authentication checks against your sending domain's SPF(Sender Policy Framework) and they should be able to fix this so that you can send emails again from their domain. This is a check and balance to try to combat email spoofing that is now more prevalent. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator