Forum Discussion

dwyerk
New Contributor
6 years ago

E-Mail Log-In Page

When I try to log in directly to e-mail, both my anti-virus program (Avast) reports malware and my web browsers (Firefox and Chrome) report an insecure connection and refuse to connect to the page.  Is there a problem with the e-mail log-in page (has it been corrupted or hacked?)?  I can log into my Cox account through the "myconnection" page and access e-mail via that page so I have a work around.  Just wonder if anyone else is having the problem and, if so, any idea when it will be fixed?

Thanks.

4 Replies

dwyerk
    New Contributor

Whatever the problem was, it seems to be fixed (as of 0930 EDY on 06/08/2018).  I can now log-in to e-mail directly via the e-mail page.  Thanks to whomever at Cox corrected the issue,

stinkfoot63
      Contributor II

Confirmed that whatever was down is back up.  It was a good chance to explore a work around.  No explanation as to whether there was an outage or a server was taken down for scheduled maintenance but it's clearly Cox policy to cut off services without notification to perform scheduled work so as usual we were left to guess.

socalgal2018
    New Contributor II

I got the same message today. I am worried because yesterday I was using webmail and it kept having connection problems. Now I think I logged into a fake website. I changed my email password today but still...

• I get the following when I attempt to log in to anything Cox (Web Mail, Phone Tools, etc.):

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET