Forum Discussion

VegasVic
New Contributor
2 years ago

Contour Apps no longer stream

Anyone else experiencing 3rd party apps no longer streaming through Contour? HBOmax, Disney+, Prime....all of them kick back the error code "Apps-04033". With the message: Oops, our enginners are working to resolve the issue.

Been this way since yesterday. I have reset equipment mulitple times, rebooted modem, and nothing resolves the problem.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SardonicJoanz
    New Contributor III

And, once the error appears, it stays on the screen while the TV audio continues to play and I can't exit out.  I have to reboot the box to get the TV picture back.

Austin_Thomad
    New Contributor II

Yes I am getting this too. Tech support is useless. You cannot even get them on the phone. The automated system won’t put the call through.  Terrible service

SardonicJoanz
    New Contributor III

Yep, just started for me today.  Reboot didn't fix it for me either.  I'm guessing I need to go get a new box, even though I've had this one less than a year.  But, I had this issue last Fall so had to go through the hassle of exchanging out my box.

Austin_Thomad
      New Contributor II

i do not think it’s your box since everyone is experiencing this. Tucson, Arizona here. Where else is this happening to you all?

Craig55
    New Contributor II
    **Apps are working again for me as of 11:30AM CST**
    Having the same problem here. I contacted tech support this morning at about 5:45AM CT. At the time, they didn't know that there is an issue with Contour and streaming apps. The tech support person I chatted with said that there is no info on what APPS-04033 is. I've reset my cable boxes multiple times, as well as rebooted the modem. It didn't help.
    I've used Cox for many years, and this is the first time I've had this problem. Everything else works normally, it's just the streaming apps that are borked.