Forum Discussion

Addan1
New Contributor
3 years ago

Can’t access recorded programs via Contour on PC or Tablet

Cox has clearly stated that recorded programs cannot be accessed via Contour on PC or Tablet.  In a previous forum, a Cox representative gave an answer which I did not understand.  WHY CAN’T WE DO THIS?   A simple, clear answer please!

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator

Hello @Addan1,

I totally understand wanting to see what you have recorded using your Contour app. I apologize that the information given by my colleague was not clear. Please allow me to clarify. We currently have 2 different ways to record content. One way stores the recorded content physically on a hard drive in the cable box. The other stores the recorded content in a cloud this requires using our rental Panoramic Wifi modem. When your content is stored on the cable box it is not accessible outside your home. When you have our Cloud DVR you are able to access your content with your Contour app anywhere. I have included a link with more information. I hope this helps you understand better. If you need more assistance. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

https://bit.ly/2Ut26OY.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator