Forum Discussion

Following_Busin
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Why does FOX BUSINESS (and sometimes FOX NEWS) not play audio and video on Contour only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channels at those times on Contour.  That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.  This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work.  It is highly annoying.  A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour.  All of the TV Go channels should work on Contour on the weekends, not randomly losing audio or both audio and picture for some channels.  

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Following_Busin
    New Contributor II

Why is there no way to email tech support or let someone in management know that only specific channels get turned off on the weekends, either fully or audio?  It seems that someone who works weekends is making a mistake and there is no way of contacting cox management to let them know that someone is making this mistake.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Following Business News

We definitely understand how important it is for you to watch your news shows without interruption. When you have audio issues on a specific channel, first try toggling the SAP (Secondary Audio Programming) settings. Here are instructions on how to turn off/on the SAP www.cox.com/.../configuring-secondary-audio-programming-for-contour-2.html. If that doesn't work you can use the Cox App to send a signal that will reboot your box (links below). You can always email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address, we are here to help.

Apple Devices - itunes.apple.com/.../id415894489

Android Devices - play.google.com/.../details

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Derfco
        New Contributor

I have the same problem on Fox Business using the Contour App on Android.  Both Fox News and Business were not being connected a couple of weeks ago.  Now it is just Fox Business audio.  I have spoken to tech support and they are of little use.  Is there anyone working this problem?