Forum Discussion

danmanca
New Contributor
4 years ago

Will there ever be an app for smart tvs such as roku or aple tv?

Will there ever be an app to watch TV on Roku/AppleTV/Firestick or other similar platform? Other carriers have had this for some time including Comcast and Charter/Spectrum. How is it that cox hasn't done this by now? I see a few very old posts asking about it but nothing definite. Is cox working on this at all and will it ever come out? I've just tried both hulu live TV and youtube TV and they are ages ahead in terms of ease of use and also "Cloud DVR" recording. 

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Are you asking for an application to replace the cable box?  An app would eliminate rental fees, but I don't imagine Cox would forgo ez revenue.  An app and cloud storage could also replace the DVR.

It's a good question but I don't see it happening.

danmanca
      New Contributor

yeah thats what I'm asking. I know charter/spectrum has been doing this for years as I had them two years ago at a prior location and they had this functionality. I believe Comcast is now offering this as well as my LG oled now has a Comcast Xfinity app and the screens hots look just like my cox contour. Oh well, I guess I'll be canceling my TV service and going to YouTube tv where I can get this without equipment rental until cox comes out with something comparable 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

The screenshots look the same because Xfinity X1 and Contour are the same platform.  Cox licensed a deal with Comcast to use it.

• Hi Danmanca1. We are always making improvements for your view pleasure. As of now, our app is available for android and apple mobile devices. Keep checking the News from Cox to see what is up and coming. We do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass this along to the Video Team. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Gabriel
      New Contributor

Lisa,

I can not stress how disappointed I am by that response.  The app for iOS is 98% the same and could have been completed in a few weeks of work.  This is a business decision that makes everyone HATE COX.  If I had other options I would take them because it is clear that Cox does not care about what customers want and instead tries to force more money out of them.  I am a hostage not a customer.