Forum Discussion

AndyCapp
New Contributor
5 years ago

Homelife connection issues

Tuesday Cox came and installed Homelife hardware and configured the light bulb, door sensor and camera.

Tuesday night Cox had an outage in my area. Wed the hub was not connected to Cox or my app and the camera was unreachable.

So I had them come out Friday and the first tech spent from 10:30 to 2:32pm and tried 3 different hubs and 3 different camera's.

The tech actually had to cal his manager in to work on this and they eventually got it working around 6pm.

Eventually tried a Cox modem/router which they managed to connect the camera too. 

Then told me it must be my router, however, Tuesday after the initial install the camera connected and worked fine. no way was I paying Cox for their router/modem combo just because their ** doesn't work properly. 

They left without reconnecting the hub and now I am unable to get the Hub to connect to my router, something it did quite easily on Friday.

As far as I am concerned, they can come and collect all their ** as it is just wasting space and costing me for something I cannot use.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I apologize for any inconvenience caused by all of this. We have a dedicated Homelife support team that would be able to assist further with any technical concerns regarding that service. Visit http://bit.ly/2HIJEJt to find the correct contact information for your area.

-Chris