Forum Discussion

RickCox
New Contributor
4 years ago

watch TV Online stopped working on my Mac Safari

I am a Cox contour subscriber and I have been watching Cox Contour on my Mac for years.  Last night I went to watch and I got a browser Contour screen that told me my "system was not compatible".
Tried clearing my cache and cookies but that didn’t help.  I was able to download Chrome and that worked.  
Hs anyone else had this problem?  Please help me understand what is going on with Safari?
My system:
-  macOS Sierra version 10.12.6
- Safari 12.1.2
There have been no updates to my system since it used to work.

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Good that you were able to get it working with Chrome.  Cox has been working on transitioning watchtv.cox.com away from Flash.  Maybe that changeover was finalized last night and Safari isn't compatible with the new version.  That's one possibility.  Flash has still been required to be enabled in recent weeks, but not with every use as was required in the past.  Since Flash is being retired at the end of the year, hopefully it will no longer be required at all soon, if not now.

Update: Flash is still required,

RickCox
      New Contributor

Thanks,

Although no one at Cox support knew of any recent updates to Contour online.

Do you know if there was recently an update?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I'm not aware of any recent update to watchtv.cox.com.  The last change I noticed was in early June when the requirement for Flash to be enabled went from being with every use to a periodic refresh.  That doesn't necessarily mean Cox hasn't made other changes that aren't readily apparent.

I realize you cleared cache and cookies.  Have you reviewed the Cox help page for Managing Cache and Cookies in Safari to make sure you didn't overlook something?

You could also try testing Safari extensions and third party plug-ins installed to see if you have something that's causing a conflict.

You might also consider resetting Safari to the browser default settings.  However, that option could impact other things you do with Safari for a fix that might not work anyway.