Forum Discussion

AndreaR
New Contributor II
2 years ago

voice control XR-15

Voice control on brand new remote did not work after spending over an hour on phone with support. Cox sent new one (for $20!!!) and when I press Contour and Info button all that happens is the Guide pops up on the bottom of our TV. There is no 3 digit code to enter in the remote, which is exactly what the other remote did. All other functions on the remote work and when I check the settings in Contour they say that Voice Control is on. Very frustrated and hope I can get some help here. Also, I did try unpairing the remote from the TV then pairing it again, but that didn't work either. TIA for any help!

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Article also includes after the LED turns green to keep pressing the Contour button until the Instructions and code appear onscreen.

AndreaR
    New Contributor II

Thank you both, but I've done this multiple times and still do not get any code to input. Not sure what to do, as Cox has been zero help. Truly frustrating as our monthly bill is over $300. Bummed.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

As the very first step of the process, do you press the Voice button on the remote?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Point remote at receiver
      Press Voice Command to begin
      Simultaneously press and hold buttons
       - Contour
       - Info
      Note red LED turns green
      Follow instructions on TV
      Enter three-digit code

Glitch:  Press Contour again and repeat

AndreaR
        New Contributor II

I did that, pressing Voice first, then Contour and Info. I still get the same thing, just the Contour Apps that pop up at the bottom of the screen and no code to enter.