Forum Discussion

StuR
New Contributor
2 years ago

TV Sound Cuts in and out

We are having the same issue as other Cox customers…the sound suddenly cuts out briefly or the picture pixilates. We even changed the HDMI cable. But, it still happens. is this a problem due to the Cox cable box?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bryaninphx
    Valued Contributor

NO, Its a problem with the way Cox is encoding and or transcoding the original source video from MPEG2 to H.264 (MPEG4).
    Its a problem for most everyone. Cox is also prioritizing IP (internet) traffic over QAM video traffic on their network.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Is there anything anyone can do to eliminate the issue? Would changing to Video over IP(wireless box) effect the problem?

bryaninphx
        Valued Contributor

There's nothing the customer can do. I have a few friends around the country on Xfinity (Comcast) and they also have this problem. Cox usually follows and emulates whatever Comcast does, so the issue is very widespread.

• Hi StuR, those symptoms can indicate an issue with the signal to your home. Would you allow me an opportunity to further investigate? There might be an issue that a service call can resolve. So I can further assist you, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com. I want you to be able to enjoy your video content! -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator