Forum Discussion

bh114
New Contributor
10 days ago

Screen Saver

I've had a COX screensaver appear on my TV set after 5 minutes for the the last three years plus ... No fail...

Starting a week ago I now get a colored screen ( or black) with messages or the time and temperature. Is there something wrong with my TV? Will this leave an image impression on my TV screen. Damaging it?

Or, is COX doing something we don't know about that they should explain. Many of us are not able to follow the directions that appear periodically and it worries me. 

Please advise! BH

24 Replies

Ocean-Luvr
    New Contributor

The scenic screensaver came back this afternoon for us! 🙂

RobinB7
    New Contributor

Mine is also now working - funny that there was a problem & the tech support guy that I spoke with knew nothing about it !!  Oh boy 😂 

Clowans
    New Contributor

I responded to your help link I was told there is an issue you are aware of it and hope to fix it   This morning my screen saver is working 

RobinB7
    New Contributor

I’m in Gilbert & having the same issue with the screen saver - I’ve rebooted, sync’d the dvr, checked my settings - done everything - still black screen saver - texted with Cox  tech support tonight - they rebooted & checked things & told me they would have to refer it to a technician & it could cost me $75 if the problem is in my home - first off / I know it’s not, because other people are having the same issue… I  think it’s probably just some upgrade that they did that they need to fix !!! I refused tech support - was I wrong ? I know this isn’t a big issue that would affect anything else but …. I sure did like my landscape screen saver rather than a black screen - just saying 

Clowans
      New Contributor

They came out to my house the guy didn’t know why and couldn’t do anything  We are in Gilbert always had the screen saver till about 2 weeks ago 

DorisM

Hi, there. If you are having issues with your service, please email my team with your request at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Thank you.

Ocean-Luvr
      New Contributor

You are not wrong.  This is clearly on their end.

maagcom
    New Contributor

Did you ever get the screensaver back? I’m having the same problem.

bh114
      New Contributor

No, it is still not working normally. I still only get black, green, red, etc... Screens!

Why won't someone from COX respond to us locally...

Ocean-Luvr
      New Contributor

Still don't have the normal screensaver. Still see black screen, then rotating color screens :-(

maagcom
        New Contributor

Have now even lost the colored screen…..just black with time and temp….🤬

MGW68
    New Contributor

Same here in scottsdale az, just black screen, rebooting doesn’t help… changing all options in UI does nothing

Ocean-Luvr
    New Contributor

We are seeing the same thing as OP, and would like to know what's going on with this as well. We'd appreciate Cox responding to this publicly so others have the benefit of understanding what is happening. 

DustinP

With Contour you can manage settings for the power saver option on or off, change the time-frame to populate the screensaver, or the theme (Landscape, Animals, or Entertainment). As long as a TV screen has images moving and or rotating, you shouldn't have to worry about an image getting burned on your TV screen. If there is a concern about a particular design or image on the screen saver, we can help investigate that for you if you would please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your name, address, and if you can share a pic or description of what it is you see on your screensaver when it appears can give us some insight. 

Power Saver Option: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/contour-and-power-save-mode.html

Using the Contour Voice remote, you can hold the mic button and say Screensaver to view the screensaver options.

Ocean-Luvr
        New Contributor

Thank you for the tutorial. I'm aware of how to choose the screensaver. We've been using these settings for years. What we are now seeing, out of the blue, is regardless of the screensaver you select in settings, what you end up with is rotating colors. That is the issue.

• Hi, there.  Please email my team with your request at cox.help@cox.com so we can obtain account details and review further.

Thank you.