Forum Discussion

dropje
New Contributor
4 years ago

Recordings disappeared

All of my recordings disappeared. Is there any way to recover them? The dvr was around 23% full and had never been more than 40% full. New recordings are possible and scheduled recordings are still listed. Restarting the contour box has not helped. I noticed that the clock on the box was brighter than it was yesterday. Did Cox push an update and erase my recordings?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Dropje,

I know how important it is for you to have access to all of your recordings. If you have a cloud DVR you may need to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address, so we can put in a ticket. If you have a regular DVR then you may need to do a system refresh by hitting the triangle 'A' button on your Contour remote.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      dropje
      New Contributor

It's a regular DVR and the system refresh did not help.

SharonL
        Former Moderator
        Hello Dropje,

This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
        Cox Support Forum Moderator