Forum Discussion

lellingsen
New Contributor
4 months ago

Programming interruptions

Why are there so many interruptions during programming and dialog to insert a commercial?  After returning to programming, 15 to 30 seconds have been missed.  This is on Cox Contour

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    NicPan
    New Contributor

This is happening to our too. Show will come on from commercial then a cox cable just starts playing in the middle of a show for no reason at all. If I change the channel and go back it has the show back on. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times to make the commercials stop playing. Very annoying. Cox should be paying us for the interruption not us paying them. Fix it. 

It doesn't matter what channel or time it just does it all the time. Then you can't even rewind the show since I have to change the channel so it goes away so we're missing parts of the show we were watching.  

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the issues with your TV service. If switching off and back on the station corrects the issue, it is likely something we can fix. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We're happy to help. 

• Hi, there. I'm really sorry for the issues with your TV service.  Please email us the physical address, also and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We want to correct this for you. 

SherryE
      New Contributor

Hi!  I have had the exact same issue for the past few months and have called COX 4 times only to be told this is not a problem!  All channels affected and as stated above, commercials repeatedly stepping on programming.  Show will come on from commercial then a cox cable just starts playing in the middle of a show for no reason at all. If I change the channel and go back it has the show back on. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times to make the commercials stop playing.  Paying a lot for this service and cannot enjoy watching.  If you do not change and go back to the show, that portion of the programming is missing while you view the inserted commercial!  I will try to email or research chaning the service soon and I don't want to do that.  COX, there is a programming issue and you need to fix it!  Thank you.

Also need to relay I am utilizing Contour and this is happening on two TVs frequently.

SherryE
        New Contributor

Sorry, meant to relay I am also using Contour and it happens on two of these TVs.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Do you have DVR service?  Do recorded programs include the Cox commercial?  Does Contour only buffer the current channel or does it buffer the last N channels watched where N is the number of channels that can be recorded/watched at the same time? 

I have Cox TV Record 6.  I can up channel 5 times and it will buffer an hour for all 6 channels.

NicPan   If Contour buffers multiple channels, why can't you reverse the program you were originally watching? 

SherryE   If changing channel stops the Cox commercial, just quickly press Last twice.

scotlynda
    New Contributor

The same issue has been frustrating me also. The commercials are typically breaking into CNN and CNBC programming and are for local (Scottsdale area) advertisers.  I'll try the channel change discussed by another poster.

TiffanyR

Hello All, 

Our video engineers are aware of this issue with commercials being inserted unexpectedly. We are currently working on a resolution. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. In the interim when this happens, you should be able to move away from the channel and come back to resume regular viewing.