Forum Discussion

rita_barrett1
New Contributor
4 years ago

Playback not working

Playback used to work but for the last SEVERAL months, it does not work on most recordings.  (I DOUBT THAT THIS IS RELATED TO COVID19 PANDEMIC!) I record a few TV and movies on my Cox Contour DRV.  For a series, for example, I go to Saved/Recordings to see the list of what has been recorded.  I'll click on the show (Bewitched, Classic Stretch, Flintstones, old TV shows or new ones), the list of the recorded episodes populate.  I'll select an episode and a blurb about it populates with a "record" option.  Nothing else is an actionable link.  If I then click on "series info" on the left panel, what populates is the list of the upcoming episodes to be recorded.  The "play" or "play next S#E#" option is nowhere to be found.  So, unless I catch the movie or the episode live,  I won't be able to see it.   So, the purpose of the DVR and this expensive service is what????

I checked in "settings" and all other links I could find an found nothing to address this issue.   Can some at Cox Contour offer a viable solution?  An apology and/or an explanation is not going to make the show accessible.  I need a solution. Fix the problem, please and thanks.

4 Replies

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems with this. From what you're describing it sounds like you're somehow ending up on the program guide instead of the list of recordings. To get to recordings try pressing the Contour button then navigate to Saved to see what recordings are available for viewing.

-Chris
      rita_barrett1
      New Contributor

Clarification - This is occuring when watching online Contour. I am not able to view some of my recordings with Contour online, even when I select "Series Info", I am not able to review those recordings. I am able, however, to view my recordings on Contour TV without any apparent issues.   I need this addressed. Please and thanks.

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        That might explain the difference then, recordings on the receiver are not viewable via the Contour app. Viewing DVR recordings on the Contour app requires a subscription to our Cloud DVR service.

-Chris
      rita_barrett1
      New Contributor

Hello?  I need assistance, please.

Clarification - This is occuring when watching online Contour. I am not able to view some of my recordings with Contour online, even when I select "Series Info", I am not able to review those recordings. I am able, however, to view my recordings on Contour TV without any apparent issues.   I need this addressed. Please and thanks.