Forum Discussion

rich2
New Contributor II
5 years ago

No signal on 2 channels

Getting no signal message on just 2 channels on one of my miniboxes.   No problem on 2 other boxes and main cable box.  Reconnected and tightened cable connections to no avail.  Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

5 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

reboot, if not resolved, then have cox reboot, maybe you're missing update.

• Hi Rich2, did rebooting resolve this issue for you? Please let us know if you're still experiencing trouble. Thank you.
      rich2
      New Contributor II

Thanks for checking back.  Not sure what is meant by "reboot" for a minibox.  The main digital box is working fine so I dont want to refresh that.   Plus 2 of my 3 minis are working.   I swapped one of the other minis but the the problem persisted.   I suspect possible interference on the coax but why should it only appear on 2 channels?

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Rich2, it could be that the signal issue is only impacting a small number of channels. This issue is not uncommon. Seeing as that you have already replaced the receiver, I feel that sending out a service technician to the home is the best course of action. Please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com.

Please also make sure that the coaxial cable is not damaged at all. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator