Forum Discussion

gtjack
New Contributor II
4 years ago
Solved

No Channels Authorized on Tivo Bolt

Just got a new Tivo Bolt and Cox sent me a cablecard and tuning adapter. I currently have a Tivo Bolt and Tivo Roamio set up and working, and set up the newer Bolt the same way. Tuning adapter locks in, but with or without the TA all channels are displaying not authorized. I called Cox, and after they had me switch a TA from one of my other TVs to confirm there is not a TA issue, they said everything was paired correctly, and recommended I go by the local Cox store to get another cablecard. I did that yesterday, and the Cox store does not have any cablecards. I do have 2 known good cards in my 2 other operational Tivos, but am hesitant to change them out since Cox seems to have so many problems repairing them. Is there somebody that is knowledgeable of Tivo settings at the Cox end that can look into this?

I might add that when I set up my Tivo Roamio about 3 weeks ago, I had the exact issue, no channels authorized, with or without tuning adapter (not even the local NBC or CBS) until one Cox technician found a setting in the Cox system that was causing the issue. As soon as he fixed the setting, the Roamio starting working within seconds and has been great ever since.

Cox has set up a technician to visit tomorrow, 21 Sep, but from past experience the tech will arrive with no cablecards and no Tivo experience and spend hours on the phone going thru the exact steps I have already gone thru with the Cox phone support.

So, Is there somebody that is knowledgeable of cablecard settings at the Cox end that can look into this?

• Ok called Cox cablecard one more time after talking to TiVo and determining the cablecard was set up incorrectly. This time I got somebody that knows what he is doing and was up and running in 5 minutes. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    gtjack
    New Contributor II

Ok called Cox cablecard one more time after talking to TiVo and determining the cablecard was set up incorrectly. This time I got somebody that knows what he is doing and was up and running in 5 minutes.