Forum Discussion

62rkyle
New Contributor
4 years ago

NFL games recorded in spanish when English is selected.

The nfl Monday and Thursday night games are recording with spanish audio. My tv and cox are not set to sap. Pregame and all commercials are in English but commentary by the English speaking announcers comes out as spanish. My friend here in the Phoenix area has the same issue.

6 Replies

yak
    Contributor III

My brother (also in Phoenix) is having the same trouble.  There have been previous questions about this matter but no one has found out why it is happening .... and what can fix it.

AK68
    New Contributor

Had the same problem, but watching Live. Annoying as [expletive removed] to say the least. So for mine, I went through the whole TV setup check, but it was the Cox box. (If you have the generic Cox box remote) Press the Cox Menu button => Settings => Language Options => Audio Language, and make sure Primary is selected and not SAP, which is an Alternate/Secondary Audio Programming track. I think that is the default, if you reboot your box. Anyway, I hope this helps, but again, I'm watching live, so you may need to check all your devices. Once recorded, you're kinda stuck with it I suppose. As far as the re-boot default theory, I may do some experimenting later and update this post, but NOTduring the Vikings/Packers game now that I can actually hear it in English. (I'm a Primary Vikings fan, and Secondary Packers fan, so now being relocated East Coast employed, I don't get to watch a whole lot of either, and the rare Vikings/Packers matchup is a Must View for me). Cheers everyone!

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Regarding SAP audio:

Once recorded, you're kinda stuck with it I suppose.

You may switch back and forth between English and Spanish for live or recorded programming.  It doesn't matter what SAP setting was selected when a program was recorded.  Rebooting your box isn't necessary to change the SAP setting.

AK68
        New Contributor

Awesome update, CurtB. Hope it helped him/her! Good to know. I was only speculating that a reboot might default to SAP. For some reason, I have to re-boot all of my boxes occasionally. I'll check it after the game.

62rkyle
      New Contributor

No joy with any settings. I did find that it is only on 1 tv out of 4.  No changing of settings in the tv or Cox settings has made a difference. Last week it was only on the recorded games but now it has switched to all NFL games, live included.  Oh well, on to the Samsung forums and customer support. (2 of the others are Samsung with no issues.)

62rkyle
        New Contributor

O.K. I didn't do anything more and Monday night football is in English. Must be something to do with Cox transmission.