Forum Discussion

David_G
New Contributor
4 years ago

Logitech Harmony 950

I have purchased a Harmony 950 universal remote.  Just about everything works on it as intended.  The one issue i can't seem to solve is when i have the guide pulled up on the tv, there isn't a button on the remote that will let me page up or page down on the guide.  Instead i have to scroll up or down on the guide one channel at a time.  On the cox remote the page up/down button is the channel button.  But when i click the channel button on the Harmony when the guide is pulled up, it kicks me out of the guide and just changes the channel.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, were you able to solve for it?

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    On the cox remote the page up/down button is the channel button.

I have the XR11 as well but it has both sets of keys:  Page Up/Down and Channel.  It read like yours only has the Channel keys.

With the Program Guide on your TV screen, what happens if you press the Skip Forward/Back buttons?

I read on another forum, a user reprogrammed the Channel button as Skip Forward/Back.  This makes sense because I always thought the Channel button was useless.  Most people just change channels through the Guide.

"...I opted to reprogram the channel up/down buttons to behave as skip forward/back buttons instead.  As a side benefit, this remapping of the buttons counts as a page up/down when browsing the channel listing."

David_G
      New Contributor

Thank you for the feedback, I don't know why i thought my cox remote didn't have the page up or down buttons because it clearly does, I apologize for my confusion.  It looks like I need to teach the Harmony remote what those buttons do and hopefully program it accordingly.  The skip forward and back buttons move the guide into the future (hours and days) which is nice so i don't want to change that functionality.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

On the Harmony remote, reprogram its Channel button to Page Up/Down.  This way, if the Program Guide is on your screen, the Channel button on the Harmony will Page Up/Down through the Guide.

Who uses the Channel button to "surf" anymore?  Most people just surf through the Guide.