Forum Discussion

UCLAMouse
New Contributor
4 years ago

Jumping out of the TV Guide

Sometimes when I am in the guide and searching channels, I will put in a channel, for example 200 and hit the Okay button, and instead of this taking me to channel 200 in the guide, it actually takes me to channel 200 and takes me out of the guide, thus I have now lost the channel I was watching and have to go back into the guide to continue searching.  Could this be the remote control or any ideas?

3 Replies

James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Happens to me too.  What I found is that you have to wait until that channel is highlighted in the slide out search pane.  If you hit the OK button before the highlight happens it will exit the guide and go directly to the channel.  If you wait a second or two, the guide will change to that channel.  That started happening a few months ago with some update.  It takes a bit to get used to, but you get used to it, you shouldn't have to, you are in the guide, the system should know that.

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello UCLAMouse,

Typically, when you are searching in the guide and you input a channel number and press ok. You should stay in the guide. Please try checking your batteries, or the amount of force on the OK button, or make sure the OK button is not sticking. If you decide that you would like more support on this matter. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. -Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator