Forum Discussion

Numnums1
New Contributor
29 days ago

How come H&I is not working the past 2 days? Only station not working.

How come H&I is not working the past 2 days? Only station not working.

• Hi Everyone, KTTU is making changes to their digital substations as of 9/1/24, and jumped the gun with channel 81, Heroes & Icons. KTTU has confirmed that the H&I network will return at some point in September. I apologize, as they did not provide us with a specific start date. Broadcasters like KTTU aren't required to contact cable operators when they make changes to their substations. I appreciate your patience as we researched this issue for you!

Numnums1
    New Contributor

Been out since Tuesday, August 20th! No one at Cox knows why. Tech came out Saturday and said no explanation but the ticket went in Saturday morning. I said I know, I  caused it. Service Rep I sploe to  Iman, from VA tried everything on his end to no avail. So, he put the ticket in. Hope they fix it soon, I am going to request a credit for each day it is not working. Love H&I and Original Star Trek, Combat, Rat Patrol and other shows that I cannot watch now. Thank you to Iman for putting the ticket in and Luis, the Cox Service guy who came to my house Saturday.  Hoping it gets resolved fast. If it is a contract dispute, Cox should be displaying that message so people know.

wrongwayf16
    New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem.  Looking to try to contact Cox support here on Sunday 08/18/2024 @ 1116, but nothing shows to allow for a chat.

I'm wondering if it's a contract dispute?

• Hi, I'm sorry to hear you have a channel not working. What error code or message are you receiving when you tune to that channel?

NicholeC

Thank you for providing the message. There have been some broadcaster changes recently, but it's available in most places still. Can you confirm which channel number it is for you?

ShelShelton
    New Contributor II

Thank you for asking this. Mine has been off for at least a week. Like you, it is the only station with this. My screen also shows what someone else posted a picture of. And there is guitar music playing in the background. It is clearly something coming from Cox and yet when I called about it, it was like talking to a wall. No matter what I tried to explain, they just walked me through the procedure of resetting my equipment when it is definitely not a problem with my equipment. It is on both boxes. And error messages don’t come with background music. I am so frustrated right now. They scheduled a tech to come out and see me on Monday morning and it’s just ridiculous because the tech is going to conclude that it’s not my equipment.  For what it’s worth, I am in Tucson and normally it’s channel 81. It shows up on my guide when I pull it up.

Working with “customer service” just felt like they were following a script and a standard list of procedures without listening to what I was actually saying. 

Now I have to get up earlier than usual on Monday to let in a technician who doesn’t need to come here. I just wanted to let Cox know this was happening and find out when Cox was going to get this fixed on their end.

I even said repeatedly that I doubt I am the only one experiencing this. They didn’t even respond to that. Just continued on their script. Thank you for posting in this forum so I can see that I am not the crazy one here.

ShelShelton
      New Contributor II

As an example of how much they didn’t listen, I turned down the Saturday opportunity for an appointment and countered that I am available on Monday in the morning or afternoon but not midday. Their response: “Could you please help me with your preferable time and date?” 🙄 

• Hi Everyone, KTTU is making changes to their digital substations as of 9/1/24, and jumped the gun with channel 81, Heroes & Icons. KTTU has confirmed that the H&I network will return at some point in September. I apologize, as they did not provide us with a specific start date. Broadcasters like KTTU aren't required to contact cable operators when they make changes to their substations. I appreciate your patience as we researched this issue for you!

prich
      New Contributor

What is the time-line from KTTU to fix this issue. H&I is still being broadcasted over the air. I COX can't get a direct feed, why can't you temporarily gather that signal and rebroadcast it?

ShelShelton
        New Contributor II

I’ve been wondering too. 81 is now totally removed from the channel lineup. It’s ridiculous that I can’t get this free, over the air channel on my paid TV service.