Forum Discussion

MEAHH
New Contributor
4 years ago

Does anyone have Yamaha AV codes that work with Contour 2 remote?

I have a Yamaha RX-V659 Receiver that will shut off, but will not turn on with my Contour 2 remote.  I have tried all the codes I could find (including some on previous forums here like: 30176, 31276, 32061, 32467, 30376, 31815, 32458, 31948, 30354, 31331, 32021, 31176, 33333, 32471, 30186, and 31947.  

Anyone have a code and/or suggestions?  

4 Replies

MEAHH
      New Contributor

Thanks Bruce.  I tried all the codes shown on the Xfinity site and same issue....Some of the codes will shut the Yamaha, but none of them will turn it on.  

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Provide some history.  Is this a new or old receiver?  Did a previous Cox remote successfully turn on the receiver?  A complete stab in the dark would be to Factory Reset the receiver.  I don't know why'd this would work because the receiver receives (sorry) commands but not the turn-on command.

Whats the model of the remote?  Is it capable for multiple pairings?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Interesting thread.  I think Standby Mode of the receiver requires a different code than simply power-on.  My Onkyo has Standby Mode and it's silly.  Don't go into Standby...just power off.

If your cable-box has a switched outlet, you could plug the Yamaha into this outlet so when the cable-box powers...or any device powered by its remote...the Yamaha will initially power.

www.avsforum.com/.../