Forum Discussion

barreleye
New Contributor III
10 months ago

Contour TV app on the iPad

I've been using the Contour app on my new 10th gen iPad for a few weeks now and have run across a few nagging problems.

1. Micro audio dropouts in channels like CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC, particularly noticeable when listening through headphones, occurring every minute or two if not more frequently, during the program itself and commercials. I had the same problem years ago with YouTube TV, but they were able to reproduce it, and they fixed it. When they occur in recordings, they are reproducible by skipping back and replaying. When watching South Park on Comedy Central, when the show goes to commercial and vice versa, the first moment of the audio glitches just about every time.

2. Watching Live TV, e.g. CNN, video will freeze while audio keeps playing. Screen eventually dims, goes black, and playback stops. Fix: Stop and restart playback.

3. The bottom row of the guide is mostly hidden by the app's action bar (Home, Live TV, My library, and Browse buttons). For my Favorites set, I had to add an unwanted channel to the end to ensure the last of my favorites is visible.

4 Replies

Pteam
    New Contributor

Same problem here. No audio on iPad. Mostly during On Demand shows.

Web (on PC) keeps constantly buffering for On Demand and also Live shows. CBS TNT...

• Hello barreleye and Pteam,

We’d like to investigate this issue. Please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter (twitter.com/CoxHelp) or Facebook (facebook.com/coxcommunications).

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      barreleye
      New Contributor III

Cox promptly replied to my email and issued a small statement credit, but I was hoping for the "investigation" you mentioned. In my email, I stated I have some recordings where the problems are reproducible, but that wasn't acknowledged. Should I post that information here, wait for Cox to contact me again in email, or what?