Forum Discussion

Walzar
New Contributor III
4 years ago

Abc recordings get cut off

• When recording programs from the abc network the entire program does not record. 60 minute shows end at about 47 minutes and 30 minute ones end about 23 minutes in. This has been going on for weeks with every abc show. It hasn’t happened with any other channel

11 Replies

• @Walzar, Are you getting any error messages? For instance, are you receiving a prompt for conflicting recordings or space issues? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Walzar
      New Contributor III

Just ‘it appears you finished watching do you want to delete ‘  message.   Dvr has 50% free  nothing else being recorded vat the same time.   

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Walzar,
        Can you go into the programs that come on ABC that are in your 'Scheduled' recordings, then 'Modify' and then change the 'Stop' time to 30 min. Once you have done that let us know if it records the whole show. The link below can assist you as well.
        www.cox.com/.../managing-contour-2-scheduled-recordings.html

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    chwdr3
    New Contributor II

we have this exact same problem and i was coming to post about it

no physical hard drive, we have the wireless pod devices

Allan
      @Chwdr3, I recommend setting the recording to end 30 mins and late and let us know if there is any change. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        chwdr3
        New Contributor II

i will try and report back

we did try a full "system refresh" a few days ago and it did not seem to fix it