Call history stopped working a week ago, .""We are currently experiencing technical difficulties...." then "Error while fetching call records" Five days ago Tiffany told me to send an email to Cox w...
I just sent my 5th email to cox help@cox com (periods omitted here but not in the email)
"It's been 18 days since call history stopped working, 8/20/2022. This was originally reported to be a nationwide problem that would be fixed within 3 days.
It's been 6 days since I sent my 4th email and received an immediate phone call and was told a ticket # would be assigned and they would both call me with the ticket number and email it to me. I was asked for and provided my login ID and password. I did not receive a call or an email and thus, do not know the ticket #.
Somehow the email issue has become more important than fixing call history. Please ask the person who sends emails to me to also fax them. My Fax number is [redacted]"
Hi MasterMyDomain, I apologize for any confusion we caused while trying to assist you with this issue. I replied to your email a few moments ago. Emails sent to Cox.Help@cox.com are investigated by the Cox Social Media Team. It was one of my peers who called last week after receiving one of your emails. Please know I've got the escalation straightened out on our end. Thank you for your patience! I'll provide you with an update as soon as possible. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
Here's a thought. Call History stopped working right after a few days when users could not get into phone tools because of buffering. This was after Aug 15 or so. Starting with the buffering issue I could not add new addresses because I needed call history to do that. I do this for every new number that appears on the call history. The reason this may be a clue is that sometimes I accidentally type an illegal special character in the contact's name (I don't remember which ones do not work, possibly # or $). But the error message is always "We are having technical difficulties" rather than "Illegal Character". This used to cause me to wait a day or two before trying again. Then it dawned on me it might be a special character of some sort, and sure enough, when I left it out the new address would be accepted in the normal way. Perhaps during the buffering problem and the days following it when call history was a national problem, some machine language got thrown into the Caller ID that is initially posted by the software into the name fields of the call history record. Tech support should be able to do a search of all calls posted to my call history after Aug. 15 to see if any of them contain machine characters or illegal special characters in the first and last name of the Caller ID. Strip them out and see if call history then works. These calls would not yet be in my address book because they have to be manually added to it.