Forum Discussion

2 hours ago

WiFi Hotspot frustration

I was able to successfully connect to a Cox WiFi hotspot for about 2 weeks with 3 different devices, but in the middle of the night one night, it kicked me off the hotspot on all three devices at the same time, and now over the past week, I have not been able to connect to it with any of them. But I have been able to connect to any other Cox hotspot around town as recently as this morning on any device I try with no problem.

The network, "Cox WiFi," still appears on the list of available networks. It also has three bars, indicating that there is a strong signal. Whenever I click on it to connect, it does not connect. The "waiting wheel" continues to spin.

I have tried "forgetting the network," connecting multiple devices to the network, and restarting all devices before trying to connect to the network again, but I have not been successful. I have been using the chat feature 5 times and have been on the phone twice with support this past week and not only do they just give the same advice after I tell them it won’t work because it’s not my router, they seem to be just incapable of understanding the issue. Twice they’ve kicked me up to some higher level of support, but they haven’t been able to provide and solution or even insight as to why it happened. I’ve only been hearing that they have no idea why it happened, it shouldn’t be happening, that they can’t see any information or have any control over the hotspots from where they are, and one person said they make a note of it and that they hoped someone would come take a look at it, but they had no idea when or if at all.

I would greatly appreciate any troubleshooting tips, or for the hotspot to be fixed. Thanks.

No RepliesBe the first to reply