Forum Discussion

litigator201
New Contributor
3 years ago

WiFi Extenders that are compatible with Cox Panoramic WiFi

I have Cox Panoramic WiFi. I also had 3 of the pods. My signal is not as strong as it should be. Are there any WiFi extenders that work with Cox Panoramic WiFi? If so, please provide the 3 best ones. Thanks.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Wifi signal strength and range is determined by many factors... wall construction, flooring materials, access point placement, interference or congestion from other surrounding wifi networks, including the quality of the main wifi router product itself. Without a detailed description of your home environment related to these factors, it is difficult to recommend any product. That being said, most likely the majority of wifi extenders on the market will probably work, although how easy it is to get them configured and connected to your network is difficult to say. 

I purchased my own cable modem and wifi mesh system instead of paying the monthly rental fee for the Panoramic. Over time, you will save money by purchasing your own equipment and enjoy greater configuration and feature options.

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Litigator201
    Did you have the first generation of pods or have you tried the Cox Panoramic Wifi Pods 2.0? www.cox.com/.../pods.html

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      litigator201
      New Contributor

I have the first generation of pods. I hate to keep spending money on pods with no guarantee that they'll work any better that the 1st set!

Thanks

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Litigator201

Pods 2.0 deliver up to 2x higher speed of first-generation Pods. Pods 2.0 are Tri-band 802.11ac with a dedicated 5Ghz backhaul channel and two Ethernet ports for LAN/WAN connectivity. These features significantly improve upon the first-generation Pods to deliver faster speeds and improved coverage. The surface area of Pods 2.0 is larger and like first-generation Pods.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Rick_Hunter
    New Contributor

I added the 2.0 Pod to my Pano Wifi, and it does not seem to help at all with internet speed to my backyard office.  I still get very slow speeds most days between 10am-12noon. 

Regardless of whether I plug the RJ-45 into the Pod or unplug the Pod entirely from the wall, I don't notice much difference even when running SpeedTest on my devices.  I am looking into adding some sort of Mesh Wifi system, but not sure if this will replace the need for the Pano device.