Forum Discussion

Flinx
Contributor
8 months ago

webmail 2 step verification how do I unenroll

this morning one of my email accounts reported bad username or password.

I logged in to cox on my main account and reset the password. when I went to login to webmail it had 2 step verification enabled. I never enabled it, and none of my other account have it enabled and this account did not have it enabled yesterday.

When I login to cox.com with the effected account and go in to my profile and 2 step verification it does not show it as being enabled.

how can I turn this off?

no I don't want to hear about security. how do I turn it off?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, thank you for reaching out to us.  We would be happy to review the account for assistance regarding the concern around the two-factor authentication that appears to have been activated.   When convenient, please contact us directly at Facebook, Twitter CoxHelp , or email us at cox.help@cox.com for assistance.

Flinx
      Contributor

you want me to provide my pin and account information on a forum? are you serious?

DannyS

Apologizes, I misread the channel I was in.  Being this may be a personal account concern.  When convenient, please contact us directly at Facebook, Twitter CoxHelp , or email us at cox.help@cox.com for assistance.

• got a response. as usual it's unreasonable. they won't remove the 2 step from my account. If I didn't have my email accounts tied to hundreds of websites I'd get another ISP. way to treat your customers.