Forum Discussion

DCClark
New Contributor
6 years ago

Upgraded my internet without my consent

My internet was upgraded without my consent, after installing cable. Was told by representative I could keep my existing internet plan. It went from Security Essentials to Prefered internet. I dont need Internet prefered this is just overkill. I made sure my same plan would not change but someone lied to me

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Security Essentials?

Are you now paying the same price as Essentials?

Cox asked a friend of mine to upgrade from 50 to 100 Mbps.  He didn't want to upgrade but Cox was getting rid of the 50 plan.  Cox got rid of the 50 plan, upgraded  to 100 but are charging for 50.

Cox just thought they'd ask before getting rid of the lower plan.

wees41
      Contributor II

they also got rid of 150 plan, but we still have it?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I can't find a list of Internet plans.  I click on Plans...as to list plans...but Cox only has an ad to upgrade to Internet Ultimate.  Jeesh.

Cox use to have a bunch of nickel-and-dime plans but they've disappeared.  Cox assumes everyone streams.  Cox will eventually just make everyone subscribe to Gigabroke.

Starter (5 × 1)
        Starter (10 × 1)
        Welfare (10 × 1)
        Essential (15 × 2)
        Essential (30 × 3)
        Preferred (50 × 10)
        Preferred (100 × 10)
        Ultimate (300 × 30)
        Gigablast (1000 × 35)
        Gigablast (1000 × 1000)

I never heard of 150.

• Hi DCClark. We can investigate this for you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com and include your name, complete address and description of your concern and we will be glad to assist you. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator