Forum Discussion

joneangel
New Contributor
3 months ago

Too many outages for no apparent reason

There have been too many outages that are not storm or accident related. I'm now experiencing my second outage in a two day period. Less than six months ago, I experienced five outages in a one week. Some at Cox said it was unexpected, while other said it was scheduled maintenance.

Less than six months ago, I experienced five outages in a one week. Some at Cox said it was unexpected, while other said it was scheduled maintenance.

I am currently to be attending an online meeting, but since I'm missing it, I suffer a loss for my business. So it's more than just an inconvenience. And anytime I try to find out what's going on. I have to re-register for notification, if I need to contact, someone in the chat I have to provide my name, my phone number, my pin, the answer to security question, all even though I went onto the chat through my registered information on the app. It almost seems like you're intentionally trying to dump your customers. 

• Hello. Your time and privacy is very important to us. I apologize that you have not received consistent information and that your services have yet to be corrected. We'd like to address these concerns.  When you have a moment, can you please email cox.help@cox.com with name, address, and link to forum thread so we can assist? You can also reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.  

joneangel
      New Contributor

There is nothing to respond to other than each time I lose WiFi service, whether for hours or days, I lose more than the ability to check Facebook or send an email. And I sign up to receive text updates so I can better plan the logistics of working around the outage. But you sent no text updates other than a notification that service was restored. This is not proper notification. 

As I stated, I lost my WiFi service at the same time I was scheduled to join a YouTube live broadcast, related to my business, So losing WiFi service is more than an "inconvenience" to some of your customers. It's a loss of revenue that can't be recouped.