Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
8 months ago
Solved

Taking a week off in protest.

Just thought I would post that I am taking a week off from this forum in protest to the new changes to forum. Lack of picture upload. No spell check. Can't delete posts. Can't see who posted last and so on. The new forum is horrible IMO and so far NO response from moderator. If things aren't better in a week I may be forced to use my time on a different forum. Feel free to post your complaints here.

• What's the point anyway?  A lot of people come here to post questions or just to rant and then never check back after you take the time to post a solution to their issue.  They either couldn't find their way back here or didn't really want help.  Then there are the ones who do check back, but don't bother with the simple courtesy of a reply.

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

These new forums are horrible. I keep getting kicked out, getting bad command/page errors. Enough that I also may no longer provide assistance to others. 

• Hello WiderMouthOpen,

I know how helpful you are among our Forums, and we value your support. I'll definitely share your feedback. 

Lovemylab
    Contributor III

I was just trying to do a little testing. I don't seem to be able to cut and paste an image, the insert media icon has no effect, and the attachment icon has no effect. Without the ability to share/view status/signal strength/event log, the kinds of advice that have been possible in the past cannot be supported now. I'll mention that the Arris board (https://community.surfboard.com/) is easier to work with, but it isn't Cox focused.

Lovemylab
      Contributor III

Posting using two windows. I thought insert media function seems to work on an intermittent basis. Windows 11, Chrome browser.  Then I concluded - "Or, perhaps not. It appears that it doesn't actually upload successfully. I get a "Media Upload in Progress. Try again in a few moments."

Lovemylab
        Contributor III

The Insert Media icon is not doing anything when using Edge.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

What's the point anyway?  A lot of people come here to post questions or just to rant and then never check back after you take the time to post a solution to their issue.  They either couldn't find their way back here or didn't really want help.  Then there are the ones who do check back, but don't bother with the simple courtesy of a reply.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

WORSE the New Moderators aren't even READING and COMPREHENDING what people are writing. One person is having an issue with his laptop on a WiFi hotspot, but his phone works fine, and TWO Moderators are talking to him like it's his homw WiFi, and he even replied one alerting them that everything works properly on his home WiFi!

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Using Imgur is a lot like work, but I figured out how to post images.  Copy and paste was way easier.   Khoros needs to figure out how to do that.

I figured out how to link to a specific post.

1. Edit the post to which you want to link and select "Copy Link". 
    2. Paste the copied link into your post.
    3. Sign Out and Sign In again.  <--- Kludge

If you don't do step #3, you'll see a blank screen when you click on the link you copied and pasted.  Why?  It's something else you just have to know.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you get re-directed to a random old thread when you "Sign In", select the Community page and "Sign in" from there to fix it.