Forum Discussion

outblesser
New Contributor II
10 months ago

Slow and low upload

Network Impairment!?

I have wifi connection and can stream and browse the Internet. I pay for the highest speed, so they say. But I have had insanely low upload for the past few days since it was windy. My upload should be 35 mpbs but it has been 0.06 - 0.17.  They won't send anyone here because there has been a network impairment in my area. This service has caused me to loose 2 days of work for remote call center. This sucks. How much longer will this be for?

6 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

What is your speed over ethernet? Wifi connection can be disrupted by all kinds of things. Also, what area are you in for trending reasons? I hear there was a big fiber cut in AZ.

outblesser
    New Contributor II

Here from Las Vegas and I'm on day 3. Today my upload was average .34 - .56mbps and my plan allows the highest 35mpbs. It has caused my Avaya, phone system for work that's keeps dropping calls. I'm consistently having a time out during phone calls from the low slow upload speeds. I don't have an expected resolution date and time, all I know is they are working on it to resolve issue... But three days, too long.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

You didn't answer my first question. What do you get on ethernet wired directly to the modem? If that is slow, probably the outage/noise on the upstream. Check your modem for T3 errors in the logs. Either way, thanks for the heads up about Vegas. DRVEGAS Are you having any issues?

DRVEGAS
      Valued Contributor

No problems for me here in Vegas 

outblesser
      New Contributor II

With Ethernet 789 mpbs download and .56mbps upload. The problem is with upstream. 

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

Are you using a Combo modem/router, or 2 separate devices? When you tested over ethernet, was it with a device that has NO WiFi, or a device normally connected via WiFi? If So, did you ensure after connecting via eithernet, you disabled the WiFi?

If you are using 2 devices, try bypassing the router ensuring you power the router off and then reboot the modem after connecting the computer directly. I say this because a number of people with netgear routers have run into throuput issues recently.