Forum Discussion

Carebear26
New Contributor
2 months ago

Returned Payment Charge

If your debit card declines for a payment you are charged a $50 fee. With as many scams and fraud on the rise many keep their cards frozen to avoid unwanted charges. It is not that the funds are not there but there is many reasons a card would show declined. It would be understandable for a returned ACH payment but I have never had this with a card. It feels like a unfair practice. I have never heard another company do this as I am sure they see it in a negative way. If COX could explain why this makes sense to charge additional fees for a decline debit card that would be much appreciated. 

3 Replies

• Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the issues with your returned payment. I want to help. lease email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We are happy to assist you with your charge. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

These forums are for cox customers to assist one another with technical issues. Yours is a billing issue, and appears to be one of your own making.