Forum Discussion

Ejm91206
New Contributor
4 years ago

Reprovision

Good day: 

I installed a new modem yesterday after the combo Wi-Fi modem stopped connecting and an hour with the chat tech didn't find any issue.

I activated the modem but still couldn't connect.

I get the self activate screen when I try to access the internet. However, when I try to register the modem it says it's not supported (Arris SB163). The list of supported modems is blank when I click the link.

I confirmed the Mac and S/N were registered, but second to a friend who is a Cox technician (unfortunately out of town) : it's stuck in self registration.

Because I have a service appt tomorrow the chat tech I reached out to later wouldn't deprovision and reprovision the modem.

Is there anything i can do?

10 Replies

Ejm91206
      New Contributor

Yes it's a SB163. If it wasn't approved, shouldn't one of the 5 customer service agents I spoke to have informed me of this? 

when I try to use the reset tool it takes me to a page that says it is not approved.

The inconsistent information I get back from Cox makes it difficult to know what actions I should take next.

Ejm91206
    New Contributor

Oh my bad- I was going from memory. SB6183 is the modem and it is on the list.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Where did you get this modem?

Ejm91206
    New Contributor

I did get a response by email and they are helping. Thank you!

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

If Cox resolves your issue, would you provide the solution?

Ejm91206
        New Contributor

They had issues getting the modem to provision properly. 

I don't know what they did.

However, now I cannot get the deco system to register. Greer.