Forum Discussion

Guido79
New Contributor II
22 days ago

PW8

PW8 Router in bridge mode is flashing white light after working fine for a day or two.  When I check the router, I notice the flashing light but I still have internet access via my Eero Pro 6e router.  Why is this happening/ How can I prevent this from continuing?  Thanks for any help

• The solution for this issue was to take the PANORAMIC WIFI GATEWAY (PW8) out of bridge mode and connect my Eero Pro 6e in bridge mode.  Now the gateway runs with solid white light with same cables.  Appears to be a bug with the PW8 in bridge mode.  Thanks for the help & suggestions from those who replied.

5 Replies

Guido79
      New Contributor II

Done! Have not heard anything back on my email with more details.  🤷‍♂️

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

A flashing white light normally indicates it's not a good synced solid connection. Try reseating the cable wire, or maybe even swapping it with a different cable wire. If that doesn't help, you may need a technician to come out. 

Guido79
      New Contributor II

The solution for this issue was to take the PANORAMIC WIFI GATEWAY (PW8) out of bridge mode and connect my Eero Pro 6e in bridge mode.  Now the gateway runs with solid white light with same cables.  Appears to be a bug with the PW8 in bridge mode.  Thanks for the help & suggestions from those who replied.

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

Glad it's working, and sorry about the wrong info. Normally the blinking white light signifies a sync issue, but the fact it's also notifying a bridge mode issue is new to me. Thanks for the info!