Forum Discussion

Kris17
New Contributor
5 years ago

Panoramic modem fan noise

Is the Panoramic modem supposed to run constantly and have a fan noise that never shuts off? Is this normal or should it be replaced?

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Is yours even plugged in?

bearone2
        Contributor III

if it was unplugged, i wouldn't be able to comment!!

breakingbad920
    New Contributor III

Yeah, there is a noise in my panoramic modem but it seems ok to me, not too loud.

• Did you resolve your issue? I also have a problem with fan noise and swapped for a new modem and this second one has the exact same problem. I have plenty of open space around it and don’t want to go back and have to try a third modem!

Yooh
    New Contributor

Same for me. It's way louder than any desktop pc I've had and really annoying... Is there any point in getting it exchanged or will the new one be just as bad? Probably... Maybe have to buy a 3rd party modem for $150 :(

ScrappyDoo
      New Contributor

We got a panoramic modem from Cox yesterday. Same problem. Constant low hum. Very annoying. Are they all like this???

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi Scrappy,
        All Panoramic modems do not make this annoying noise. You can always go to a local Cox Solutions Store and get it swapped out.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Jay1366
      New Contributor

Any moderator claiming that this isn't an issue is flat out lying....I am going to attempt to go back to the modem I replaced since I haven't sent it back yet.

bearone2
        Contributor III

maybe the moderator's are right, i'm 18" from my pano unit, can't hear the fan.