Forum Discussion

seskanda
New Contributor
4 years ago

One laptop disconnects Wi-Fi on ALL devices

I have Arris TG2472 gateway with both of the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSID's hidden. One laptop, from work, an HP EliteBook 1030 G4  Windows 1909 will randomly disconnect from 5 GHz WiFi and it takes down all devices that are connected to the 5 GHz SSID, including mobile phones too. First of all, how is it doing that, and why? I'm not administrator on this laptop, so my options are limited on what can be done to it. I cannot use the 2.4 GHz as it is congested with too much interference from other Wi-Fii networks. Some help would be great.

Thanks a lot

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

This is probably a dumb question because you'd remember configuring the NIC of your workstation, but is the Elitebook configured to share its connection as a Hot Spot?

seskanda
    New Contributor

Actually this laptop has wireless and cellular, but no NIC and I just checked it is definitely not configured to share its connection as a Hot Spot. Luckily, I have access to that section of Settings

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Is this a Panoramic router and, if so, are you using the Cox WiFi pods?

From what I've read, the pods can be a chock-point for networks.

seskanda
        New Contributor

It is Arris TG2472, not sure if 'Panoramic', but i'm not using any Cox WIFI pods

What is a 'chock-point'? And do not know if this gateway will work with any pods