Forum Discussion

lanceryan89
New Contributor II
2 years ago

No Service

We had no service since Wednesday morning (June 21) and every time I talk to someone they keep telling me it’s my device that’s causing the problem. Both my modem and router are brand new and believe me they are not the cheap ones. I’ve called like 5 times and I get no help and it’s still not working today. 

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you in Tulsa? If so, I hear there are still areas without power. What model modem do you have? Does it have all the correct lights on it? If offline what do your signal levels show at 192.168.100.1?

lanceryan89
      New Contributor II

Yes I’m in Tulsa. Our power has been on even threw the storm that came threw. Internet was working fine till Wednesday morning. Was told there is no outage in my area. Don’t know nothing about modem and routers but was told to just keep rebooting them. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor
        Don’t know nothing about modem and routers but was told to just keep rebooting them. 

Can you look on the devices for a model number? Should be printed on the modem next to the serial number and MAC address. My guess is there was some damage to the lines going to your house. This would show in signal levels.