No IPv6 address detected, Random Cox open unsecured hotspot, & hidden network
I am having a similar issue to this gentleman.
Additionally my bill is outrageous it’s increased by over $100 in 3 years, I’ve always had internet issues I started just using my mobile hotspot but I shouldn’t have to do any of this.
I have some random open unsecured network named Coxwifi signal set up with “my router” which I didn’t opt in to. I don’t care if another member has to sign on to their “cox account to access” I do not want it coming off of my router. That seems crazy to me… Like why don’t my neighbors start sharing passwords and network connections and just have 1 account? I mean my signal already **. And I recently noticed a Hidden network with a strong signal, that wasn’t there previously either. When I test my IPv6 connection it shows:
1. There’s no detectable IPv6 address at all.
2. Connections to IPv6 only sites are timing out. Any website that is IPv6 only will appear to be down to you.
3. You appear to be able to browse the IPv4 internet only. You will not be able to reach IPv6 only sites.
4. To ensure the best internet performance and connectivity, ask your ISP about native IPv6?!?!
5. But at the bottom it says your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have IPv6 access.
Note when testing via my mobile hotspot I’m a 10/10 and have both IPv6 & IPv4.
I need to know how was this case resolved and what I do ASAP. Because #4 is unacceptable I pay over $250/month.