Forum Discussion

RLB42975
New Contributor
2 months ago
Solved

No internet service for over a week in Gonzales, LA.

Anyone else nearby experiencing this. Absolutely no help from technical support. 

• what kind of modem are you using? What lights are currently displayed on it? Have you tried reseating all coax connections/replacing coax wire from modem to wall?

2 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

what kind of modem are you using? What lights are currently displayed on it? Have you tried reseating all coax connections/replacing coax wire from modem to wall?

RLB42975
      New Contributor

My issue was resolved. About a year ago, I purchased 50 ft of coax to move my modem to a new position directly on my TV stand so I could keep my devices hard wired into it. I thought I bought the highest grade of coax available from a local store. I also took great care not crimp or damage the line I installed. Apparently it was "leaking" wifi badly (I forgot the technical term) and causing problems for the apartment complex. Cox came out while I was away for work and couldn't access my apartment, so they disconnected my outside line. Unfortunately, they did not leave a paper trail to inform myself or any other technicians. I finally received an appointment and they found multiple outside wiring connection issues and informed me of my internal coax problem. I decided to just keep the modem on a short coax right by the point of entry and connected my devices using wireless for now. Everything is working perfectly now. Thank you for your feedback.