Forum Discussion

swhitecali
New Contributor
4 years ago

No Internet Connection

Every morning for the past 10 days we wake up with no internet connection.  A technician has been out and replaced a bad cable and several old splitters.  The modem tested fine while he was here.  I have to reboot the modem and router every morning.

5 Replies

Zaza
    New Contributor II

I have same issue for whole week. I have to reset the modem and the router every morning multiple times for the router to connect to the modem. When it connects, the internet works fine through out the day until the next morning, no internet connection again. It looks like the COX modem having an issue to assign an IP address to the router. COX remoted diagnostic the modem and said it worked fine. I doubt it was an issue with my router and COX will charge $75 to come to diagnose the issue. 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Zaza,
      I know how important it is for you to have stable internet. What modem of modem do you have? Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your modem? If so can you please bypass any splitters/amplifiers and plug it directly into the wall from the modem? When the technician finds problems on our side or with any of our equipment, no charges are applied. When the technician finds that the problem is with your equipment or inside of your home then there would be a charge for the visit. Only the technician can determine if a fee is waived due to an issue caused by Cox equipment or signal delivery.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Zaza
        New Contributor II

I have the Arris TM3402A modem. I asked Cox to replace the modem and the service lady said the modem was no longer support. I have to upgrade the Modem and it would cost another $20 per month. It is ridiculous that I have to pay extra when my current package includes the free modem. I am a customer with COX for long time and now I am pissed.